Food recomendations for anemone?

carlo

Reaction score
I have a green tip long tentacle anemone , and I usually feed it frozen mices (sp?) shrimp, or frozen krill about once a week. Its very sticky, and appears to be getting bigger. Anything I can fee it that would be like a color enhancer or something?

-Carlo

I like to use a mix of whatever white fish im in the mood for, scallops, or shrimp. As long as its raw it should be fine. I usually just cut a slice off before I cook my meal. My nem bleached out a couple years ago when I had some temp swings and brought it back to health with a nice random diet of raw seafood.

thats a pretty good diet you have it on now. But lighting does also play a factor. my clowns feed my rose, but i also feed krill and mysis.

fabbss;297310 wrote: thats a pretty good diet you have it on now. But lighting does also play a factor. my clowns feed my rose, but i also feed krill and mysis.

I have several RBTA and they will NOT eat krill. Just the mysis and silverslides. With the silversides, they sometimes don't eat that.:eek:

just remember, particle size seems to be important, not too big (whole silverside), not too small (Cyclopeze).

My bta colored up very nicely while I was feeding it scallops, shrimp, and that gutfeed frozen brine that Sam sells.

Back