Food too big

putemup

Market
Reaction score
I currently use PE Mysis shrimp to feed my carnivores. The problem I'm running into is that for some of my newer smaller fish, the mysis is a bit too large. Does anyone know of a high quality frozen mysis shrimp that's a little bit smaller in size. Also, where can I purchase it?

Thanks

Use the PE Calanus for the smaller fish. They will go crazy over it. And you can buy PE Mysis/Calanus in the twin packs.

Hikari is smaller and a good food also.

You can also get bloodworms, fish LOOOVE bloodworms. Calanus is also a great food but REALLY expensive compared to other foods and not really needed unless you have VERY small fish.

Ricky5415;1112078 wrote: What about brine shimp? They are smaller than those mysis

brine shrimp are usually low in nutrients unless they're gutloaded. and the ones you hatch yourself eat through their yolk sack within a day or so, so you need to feed them to the fish very quickly after hatching.

PutEmUp;1112061 wrote: I currently use PE Mysis shrimp to feed my carnivores. The problem I'm running into is that for some of my newer smaller fish, the mysis is a bit too large. Does anyone know of a high quality frozen mysis shrimp that's a little bit smaller in size. Also, where can I purchase it?

Thanks

I've found that the
a> are a bit smaller and easier for my fish to nab up than the PE brand. I know Atlanta Aquarium carries it.

Back