For those considering T-5's (PAR readings)

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,

This is for those of you considering T-5 fixtures....A while ago I purchased the somewhat popular 36" Nova Extreme fixture from Drs. F&S. After taking some PAR readings I decided to upgrade my lights to yet another somewhat popular T-5 fixture....the Tek 36" 4 bulb....

All these readings were done on a 30 gallon long which is 16" deep.

If someone out there is considering either of these fixtures, this might help....

Thanks Sammy for the idea......
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
45899=2804-PAR readings.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
45899=2804-PAR readings.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PAR readings.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

your face failed Lee.....haha....

Ok guys...one more try...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
45998=2805-PAr REadings 3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
45998=2805-PAr REadings 3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PAr REadings 3.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

okk this isnt working...its a jpeg file....dont know why im having a hard time...any ideas

lol....hmm.....Im actually not but maybe the opposite is true....maybe that will help...

Ok, try this:

http://web.mac.com/jgoal55/iWeb/Site/Reef%20Tank.html">http://web.mac.com/jgoal55/iWeb/Site/Reef%20Tank.html</a>

if that doesn't work just type in web.mac.com/jgoal55 and click on Reef Tank

Pretty considerable difference in PAR... looks like a good upgrade to me!!!

I am however curious about how the rest of THIS evening went....
PICT0050copy.jpg
alt="" />
Congrats again to the newlyweds!

hahahahahahahahahaha, oh boy, linking to that site is going to be trouble jorge.

i think I may have screwed up....thanks Tony....

although that is exactly what we were arguing about there..

as in no more help, do you mean......ummmm, wait hold on......I got one....nah....hmmmmm, yeah I cant think of anything, lol.

dude lee, your fish tank thrives because of everything I have done for it....lol

be interesting to see what happens with those par levels in say, 6 months.
are the tek bulbs overdriven? new to t-5. i was wondering if anyone had tried running t-5 bulbs with icecap ballast??

Back