?? for those who have built stands

tgriffin

Market
Reaction score
Do you guys like having an open back of the stand? I was thinking that would help with ventilation.

Also, I plan on having a single 400 MH in an enclosed canopy. My question is, if I have a fan/fans in the top of the canopy (above the light) would I be better off with the back part of the canopy open, or would I be better off to cut a slot or a couple of holes for fresh air ventilation?

I was thinking that the holes or a slot would be better because it would force ambient air into the much warmer canopy vs allowing the heat to easily escape to the area where I would be relying on for a cooler temp

BTW... I would be using the fans to blow hot air out of the canopy

I have an open back flip top canopy with 2 5" ac radio shack fans blowing in. I dont have them draw the air out, because they will eventually corrode from the salty air passing through the electronics.

glxtrix;594815 wrote: I have an open back flip top canopy with 2 5" ac radio shack fans blowing in.

Are they fairly quiet? Are you running MH's?

Thanks

I have an open back on my canopy, display stand, and frag stand. The most noise comes from the water draining and alil hum from my azoo fans ( im runing 4 mh's) Tank usually stays around 80 degrees with no chiller at the moment.

gmpolan;594826 wrote: I have an open back on my canopy, display stand, and frag stand. The most noise comes from the water draining and alil hum from my azoo fans ( im runing 4 mh's) Tank usually stays around 80 degrees with no chiller at the moment.

Cool. Thanks for the reply

Open backs are also good for ease of running wires and equipment, not just ventilation. Granted, the more open they are, the more heat you'll be able to dissipate, but it'll be much easier to move wires and equipment around with an open back.

Back