Formalin

mvm

Market
Reaction score
Where can I purchase some? I think my clowns have brook....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hikari sells Ich-X which is a diluted formaldehyde. I'm not sure where you can get that local.

I've used Doctor g's anti parasitic caviar with great results for brook.
Look up the product online and call your lfs to see if they have it before going, some stores don't carry it, in conjunction I also used fish flex forte and saved a bunch of my fish that I could not take out of the DT.
These products prove to be coral safe for me but sensitive sps might not do to well.

Formalin 3 can be hard to find, but Hikari Ich-X (the Saltwater version) works really well on Brooklynella. Hopefully you can find it - fast.

If your local doesn't carry it - ask them to. Everybody should have at least a small bottle of this stuff in their Fish First Aid Kit. Formalin doesn't expire so you can keep it forever.

Formalin based meds were the best 'gun' I found against Brooklynella.

Fish-Vet stuff is good too if you can find it.

Back in the early days of my shop, I got a shipment of fish sick with Vibrio and the guy at Fish Vet saved my bacon. Unfortunately the carnage was well under way by the time I found Fish-Vet and got the medicine in, but once I got it, the medication took care of business.

Jenn

I've been feeding metroplex and focus and they seem to be recovering. Unfortunately, I lost both Blue spots. One I have for over a year and the newly introduced one that I know was the host. I still plan to pull all fish to QT and go through a fallow period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That stinks :( Unfortunately, Metronidazole does nothing for Brooklynella. Neither does copper for that matter.

Formalin or one of its derivatives seems to be the only thing that works worth a darn.

Jenn

Hmm. They seem to be improving, but maybe there's another reason. Either way, they're heading to qt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't assume they're getting better. I have seen fish live with it for weeks, OR kill within hours. It really runs the gambit, however it usually kills fast.

Jenn

Back