Formufit pvc from amazon

fishyfishy

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on using colored pvc from Amazon? I was looking online for some the other day and came across a website that sold "furniture grade" colored pipe. I was trying to get a clear answer whether it was schedule 40 or not, and after poking around for a while it seemed it was being sold to assemble furniture, not for actual plumbing.

I looked on Amazon and see "furniture grade" pipe as well from "Formufit".

It says: "FORMUFIT Furniture Grade PVC Sch. 40 PVC pipe is UV resistant, impact proof, non-toxic and is vibrant in color and appearance. This PVC pipe is 5x stronger and more durable than plumbing-grade PVC pipe and has UV inhibitors to allow for indoor or outdoor use."

Anyone use this or think it would work for our tanks? We don't run too high pressure so I feel it would probably work but want opinions. I could also get BRS colored pipe, but I really want the connections to be colored as well.

Screenshot_20200711-151511.png

Also, the Amazon source is 3 pieces but only 40 inches long, while the HD version is 2 pieces but 60. So, same total length & almost same price. If you have runs over 40 inches, you’ll either have to splice it or go with the HD version.

Cool, I suppose I trust home depot a bit more than Amazon with the schedule 40 info. I wasn't 100% sure because the information was a little misleading. That's interesting with the different lengths and I would rather not have more boxes to break down from Amazon

Great finds! Let me know which you go with. And your thoughts on the quality after it’s installed.

As mentioned, if you need 1 run over 40”, the HD one may be better for you. But similarly, I’d you need 3 runs over 30”, then the Amazon one maybe preferred. It all depends on the plumbing design.

Back