Fox face get snatched up by nem?

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to a cloud of sand in my tank and the foxface is all bruised up. All I could get of him was a video because he seems confused and swimming erradically. This white blotchiness is mainly on one side of him, and some on his belly and other fin.

I think it is my carpet nem that got him, and he was powerfull wenough to get away. Whtcha think? What can I do for this prro fish? I am a day away from transfering him to the new 90G, but I don't want to stress him out anymore.

Sick%20fish
alt="" /></a>

Carpet nem will eat anything it can grab. That fish is lucky if it got away. Hopefully it's healthy enough to deal with the shock and stress. I'd say maybe feed a little more to help reduce stress.

If you have a UV light turn that on to protect against infection. I hand a Yellow Tang that got zaped by a atlantic nem two weeks ago and I thought for sure it would die. Was not looking good. I moved into the sump/fuge for two weeks and it is now back in the tank.

are you sure he just hasn't changed his colors from the stress??

Yes definatly has not just changed colors. I just got back to the house and all those spots are gone. The cleaner shrimps have been cleaning him all day long for hours. The were starting to fall off when I left and. Regardless I think he will be fine. He is swimming around like nothing happend. Pays to have healthy fish. Thsi morning he looked like a gonner.

The spots looks like beads of sand all over him. They were that or maybe the tentacles from the nem.:unsure:

I had a carpet. He ate a foxface, diamond goby and a couple of pajama cardinals. I no longer have a carpet.

Last week I came home to see my Sailfin Tang swallowed whole by....you guessed it....my carpet anemone. mailto:!#@$ $# $@$ %^%$">!#@$ $# $@$ %^%$</a>!!!

Glad to see your foxface is pulling through.

I have offered it to someone else first. Then I will get with her.

Mya was looking for a rarer red one.

I think these are beautiful, but I'd only put one in a coral reef tank -- no fish.

Wow, is this the same nem you got from us? It never touched a fish. Come to think of it though, the maroon clown hosted it. Maybe why.

def a carpet nem..I had one of those once apon a time!!!...It ate almost half of my live stock..SEE YA LATER NEM!!

Yup same nem. It has grown alot sine I got it, and been wreaking havoc on my tanks. It rests in a tuperware untill someone buys it. Too bad because it's beautiful.

Yowza! I kept reading your threads and noting all these problems with the nem! So sorry! Maybe BluePlanet would give you store credit for it? It's really greened up!

I am not too worried about it now. It just looks ugly with a tupperware in the tank. Other than that its fine...

Back