Foxface compatibility

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I have very little experiece with Rabbitfish in groups. I have a One Spot Foxface that was in my 60G Frag tank before I broke it down. I moved it to my temporary 55G while I reworked things. Now, with the change in direction I have taken with my set up, I will not be setting the frag tank back up and will be taking down the 55g as well. Here is the questoin, can I move the One Spot Foxface in to my 210G with another One Spot that is already in the tank? I would like to keep him if i can, he is a great fish and very healthy. Would they get along or am I asking for trouble?

Thanks,
BZ

This is what LA says-

The graceful One Spot Foxface features a distinct "eyespot" on its body. Also called the Blotched Foxface, the One Spot Foxface is extremely similar in appearance to the Foxface Lo, except for the aforementioned spot. Natural variation of this dark spot can range from an almost symmetrical circle to a "free-formed" blotch to give each fish a unique and individual appearance. </em>

House the One Spot Foxface in a 70 gallon or larger aquarium. <span style="color: red">It is a very peaceful species except when housed with other rabbitfish</span>. The One Spot Foxface may be housed with more aggressive fish since predators and aggressors will tend to leave it alone because of its venomous dorsal spines. Rabbitfish are generally reef-safe if they are well fed. If not, they may nip at or consume some species of LPS and soft coral polyps. </em>The diet of the One Spot Foxface should include fresh vegetables and algae. Provide a variety of prepared herbivore foods rich in vegetable matter and supplement diet with algae sheets to help reduce potential nipping damage to soft and hard coral polyps. </em>

Yep, that's what I thought. I was not sure if any one had any success in keeping multiples or pairs (I don't know how to pait them up but I'm always trying).
Z

more than one wasn't good from what I have read as well--but I have a customer that has 2 in 3 different tanks of his--some are even as small as a 90. I asked him if they fought or anything and he said no?? I wouldn't gamble it-but apparently it works for some

It may work if ones a boy and ones a girl but I don't think there is a way to tell. How big are they?

I had a pair of scribbled rabbitfish and they did fine. Pretty much always swam side-by-side.

Might be different in temperament than the foxface though.

I kept a magnificent and a one spot in the same 210 for over a year a while back with no issues before tank crash. When I first put them in there they both freaked out for about 8 hours but after that it was all good

Back