Frag build

drydock

Market
Reaction score
2 x 4 x 7" frag tank. Running my leak test now. So far so good.
945587=52825-uploadfromtaptalk1396057514886.jpg
>
945587=52825-uploadfromtaptalk1396057514886.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1396057514886.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Looks like that top tub hangs beneath that 2x4, Snow so I'm guessing the measurements are 2' from top of picture to bottom x 4' across left to right and 7" deep. Kind of a cool little project, but evaporation is going to be a bear!

What are you lighting it with, Drydock?

Looks like a hydroponics setup plumbed and placed on a handmade stand instead of the usual flimsy rolling metal stand. Cool frag tank setup.

J.B.;946300 wrote: Looks like that top tub hangs beneath that 2x4, Snow so I'm guessing the measurements are 2' from top of picture to bottom x 4' across left to right and 7" deep. Kind of a cool little project, but evaporation is going to be a bear!

What are you lighting it with, Drydock?

You're right on. 2' x 4' x 7". I do figure evap will be a challenge. It is in the basement, so no AC blowing all day long. I'm going to try and keep splash to a minimum to help. Not in the photo, but the sump does have a lid.

I'm putting in 2 4' X 4 bulb T5HOs. Lighting has been the hardest decision on this one (the great lighting holy wars of the hobby :roll:).

BlueSpot;946370 wrote: Looks like a hydroponics setup plumbed and placed on a handmade stand instead of the usual flimsy rolling metal stand. Cool frag tank setup.

Nicely done, BlueSpot.:up: That's exactly what it is, Botanicare tray and sump from Atlantis Hydroponics in Norcross. The metal stands just seemed to be too flimsy for the money, so I built the wood stand. The 7" depth is a bit shallower than I would have liked. By the time I get egg crate on the bottom that's not a lot of growing room. On the other hand the light doesn't have much water to filter it, so the T5s should be enough.

Back