frag plugs question

genesis

Market
Reaction score
Wanted to know how everyone stores there frag plugs and do you see any difference or benefit from doing it that way?

I previously stored them in my sump and would use them when needed. I now just put them in a container (dry).

Aside from looking bright and unnatural when used dry, there is no issue in doing so.

I usually pop my frags off the plugs when I get them, and sell frags on rock rubble because I hate seeing them.

So is the benefit of putting blank plugs in your sump a more natural looking plug when it comes time to use them?

new uncured plugs, depending on what material its made of can raise your ph if you drop enough of them in your system at the same time.
from what I know other than not looking aged, there isn't any benefit unless you want live plugs (live rock).
In a medium to large water system even if a new plug was to release ph it wouldn't be enough to make a difference.
All that being said, of late I've been using plastic plug which don't release ph or need any special storage.

Back