frag rack my design

downtime89

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys how would this work? a piece of pvc pipe cut to fit the length of tank, down the pipe have holes drilled for the plugs Here and there a plastic shelf glued to top of the pipe for small rock frags ends of pipe have suction cups or a mount on each end of tank to hang the pipe.

Kinda like the idea... but I wonder if the inside of the pipe (without good flow through it) would be an algae magnet.

use caution with suction cups. They're not the best as a primary support IMO. Excellent idea though.

Hackman72;425372 wrote: use caution with suction cups. They're not the best as a primary support IMO. Excellent idea though.

That's for sure... I've never found one that sticks to tanks for long even with tiny loads.

YEa i was kinda iffy on the suction cups i have had a few problems with them one was a unexpected unwanted about 30% water change lol dont ask me to explain lol but it involved a hang on back skimmer lol. well i have the day alone here at the farm tomorow i will work on it then. let me know your ideas and thoughts tho cause i am planning now.

Someone actually gave me a good pair of suction cups one day from the dollar store they have little hooks that hinge and when ya push down the hook its like a plunger getting a good suction they work really well but the hooks i dont have much use for...

I knew there was something I forgot yesterday. Gimme a shout next time you're up this way and I'll have it for you. It is still soaking in vinegar to be nice and clean, can't believe I forgot it. My bad.

As for temporary, you can use 1/2" PVC, 2 elbows to make a 180 to hang on the side of the tank. Make the one in the tank as deep as you want, then another 90 facing out with a bit of PVC for support. You'd need 2 of those for a large rack, one at either end, and you'd probably want to fill them with play sand or something to give them weight.

Hey man its cool i like making things no worries keep it :) we were both in a hurry, i am just going to make one i like the experience anyways :)

cr500_af;425374 wrote: That's for sure... I've never found one that sticks to tanks for long even with tiny loads.

reckon saltwater has something to do with it? They always seem to get ridgid after long exposure.

saltwater will eat at anything lol i know i have had a double jetski trailor axle break lol

The magnets will be a much better long-term design. You said you wanted something quick, and that is quick, and under $5 (if you have eggcrate sitting around). Definitely go with the magnets if you have the choice.

I was just thinking of the same thing but cutting the pvc in half the long way and drilling holes thru it. But using koralia magnets on each end. No dedtritus can collect inside the tube.

Im pretty sure someone here might have a little extra time to cut one in half maybe. One for you one for them lol.

lol i live a little far from everyone to be gettin pipe cut by someone on here :) lol i will have my dad cut it if i go that route lol :)

Back