Fragging Alveopora

theplantman

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is anything special to fragging Alveopora, I have one with three large branches and each one of thos is budding off new branches. Before it gets too big I would like to do some pruning.

Do I just cut off the branches and it's done?

IMG_1366.jpg

id assume you just cut a branch off or break it off similar to a hammer of frogspawn. Very pretty though i like it

I am going to take the two left branches off, they have gotten so full they touch the glass and the skeletal structure is 2" away. Once I am sure they are OK I will be posting them for sale.

I am concerned it is getting too close to the glass. I have it bonded to the rock with Marine Epoxy and Loctite Gel Glue. Any ideas on how to detach it to relocate it?

Attached is the picture of the tank layout.

IMG_1373.jpg

au01st;316479 wrote: K, well since no one else did it...Dibs!

Sorry AU, based on the comments, I spent an hour rearranging the rock work so I would not have to hack the Alveopora up. I am going to give it a week to see how we like it.

I still may take one arm off to allow more light to the bottom of the tank and will keep you posted.

I still have your trumpet for you and will bring it to the meeting. How is the GSP frag doing?

you can just pry/wiggle the epoxy off the rock. And yes you just snap/cut it apart. Done it many times.

K, well I'll be waiting.

GSP is going good and may entirely cover the rock by the time the meeting comes.

Back