Fragging Mushrooms Pointers?

kodock

Supporting
Reaction score
So I have a large abundance of mushrooms that I need to trim back and frag. Is there anything that I could attach them to other than plugs or rock rubble? What do any of you use as a cheap substitute for holding corals?

I would just use a rubberband around the rock and mushroom.  It should attach at some point then remove the rubberband.  Simple and cheap.  :)

I use pond matrix as a cheap substrate, it’s dual purpose. Another choice is using my old dead coral skeletons to glue to.

Nice! Came across some post about mosaic tile pieces, roughly 144 pieces for $10. I might try those with a rubberband.

True, the forums had multiple peoples claims of using it, but I'm not aware of long term exposure/deterioration or specific brand/glue used. They removed the glue via hot vinegar water.

I had an experience where I used a rubber band to hold a mushroom to a rock.  It had fallen off when it was in the bag and I was bringing it home.  It ended up splitting into two and both stayed attached to the rock.  So I bought three mushrooms attached to a rock and ended up with four after a couple of weeks.

Yep, from what I've read. Placing a rubberband down the middle will make it split into two seperate ones.

When I was selling my superman shrooms I used to slice them with a razor blade into 4 pieces making sure I left some of the foot on each piece.  Then put them in a generic grocery store strawberry container filled with rubble and they would eventually grab a rock and grow.  You have to slice them quick and clean or they just goo out.

Rubber band is by far the easiest and cleanest.

Back