Fragging questions

york1

Supporting
Reaction score
What would be the best way to cut up a space invader chalice?
What would be the best way to trim forrest fire digi?

I have bone cutters but no saw. The is chalice has gotten out of hand. Started as a 3/4" frag a few ,months ago and now its almost 6" in diameter. I may need to invest in a saw

defiantly would look into getting a saw, chalice corals tend to shatter when cut with bone cutters.
Ya i figured as much. Had a really bad time trying to cut a hollywood stunner earlier this year. It did not end well

Frag saws are so dang expensive...can't even justify buying one.
I have a chalice and some favia that need to be cut too.

Frag saws are so dang expensive...can't even justify buying one.
I have a chalice and some favia that need to be cut too.
I pretty much have felt the same but now that my collection of chalices and stoney coral in general is growing I am considering it. I have been lucky that a few ARC members near me have either let me use there saws or have cut things for me.

I'm definitely going to be buying a saw in the nearish future. I'd be happy to loan it out. I'll have it by Jan 1.

There are some hand saws on saw on websites. Cheaper, but would be more tedious and most likely more stressful for coral.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Here
6704601d63f656d603f1c8b1a14cae2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have bone cutters but no saw. The is chalice has gotten out of hand. Started as a 3/4" frag a few ,months ago and now its almost 6" in diameter. I may need to invest in a saw
Dremels also work- not as well as a specific frag saw, but if you are not doing a ton of fragging all the time, you can get attachments or blades that work fine for frags. And you can use dremels for other things :)

the saw you want to use is a gryphon band saw.
It’s a diamond blade wet band saw. They handle corrosion of salt water much much better than other wet saws and the blades are much less damaging than others. Usually you can find a new one for about 300, so if it’s saves you 1 or 2 more frags it can quickly each time it doesn’t take long to pay for its self.

Bone cutters worked great on the forrest fire digi. First time and it went well. Im trying to get frags of my favorite sps colonies in my bowfront so I can put them in the redsea tank now that its about ready. Ill probably try the dremel as i already have one but Im gonna save up for a gryphon saw

Back