Freakin laser beams man!

myvwrock

Supporting
Reaction score
Looking to get a laser for the tank. I have different polyps that need eradicating, and other things I would like to try them on. And also to just have one on hand for maintenance. I would really like to borrow one before I buy one.

Would like to get everyones input on them.
I know the dangers, and the precautions that must be taken when in use.
chris c

It's a long process to do with a laser, I've tried it. Try kalk paste, turn off the flow and cover your pest with the paste, wait 10 minutes and syphon off the paste. Repeat untill gone.

@Adam knows more about lasers than anyone I know. I've used his but I've had better long term success with kalk paste for controlling invasive polyps. The only down side it that you have to stay on it. I've got a bad habit of knocking them back and then letting them go for way too long.

We've talked about it in PM's already. For me it's now a tool to use in QT where it's a more controlled environment. It could also be good for controlling polyps in a display.
I'm also weary of using it through acrylic. So QT is the only spot I'm comfortable right now.

Kalk paste is a very viable choice in a display.

Yall have a point. Been using kalk paste for years. Guess wanted one for harder to reach areas or like adam said before they go into the tank.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Have you tried a filefish? I have had excellent luck in the past. I don't like lasers b/c of the control, it can end ugly and cause more of them in the end. I have had amazing luck with joes juice, but you have to be vigilant.

So, I'm old and old school. Never heard of this laser treatment. Anyone want to give me a quick run down?

So, I'm old and old school. Never heard of this laser treatment. Anyone want to give me a quick run down?
So basically, the word on the street is that you can eradicate certain pests with lasers.

So basically, the word on the street is that you can eradicate certain pests with lasers.

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing on the down low.

One of those "hand off the laser in a paper bag while we pass each other on the street" type of things.

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing on the down low.

One of those "hand off the laser in a paper bag while we pass each other on the street" type of things.
Little to obvious.. I'll have my people call your people. Kinda thing

Like the kind of laser below.

fwiw,
I’ve worked with lasers from micro watts to 5,000+ watts, in the vacuum ultraviolet to the far infrared, was a laser safety officer & lived to tell about it. You should not be using class 4 lasers like these at home. You can potentially blind your fish, other pets, family members, neighbor across the street, etc. Yes, I am trying to scare you! There are better/safer ways.

Back