Free Glass Drilling

jetchris

Market
Reaction score
I have 3/4 , 1" and 1 1/2" diamond bits. If you bring over your tank this weekend i will drill it for free. Also if you have your own bits, I have a practice tank you can drill on. If you want more than one hole, you can watch me do one and then you can drill the other.

Chris, I sure would like to drill this 54g corner ... talk Loren into it? Please?

:)

2'' bulkheads? They even make those? I don't think chris can drill 2'' there man. How are those corals doing? We can actually carpool to chris house if you want depending on the time of day.

dawgdude;73629 wrote: Oh jeez Linda if you did drill that 54 corner then that would be awesome! I was thinking about drilling one at work and figured out a way to do it so that it had a corner overflow and a few different ways to set it up. PM me and ill give you my ideas.

PM sent

(mind you, I still haven't even gotten *permission* to have this tank drilled....)

well, i will prob be around during the day on Sat and Sun - I am still in the process of putting my daughters tank together so ill be doing that as well. "etoh is good" I dont have a 2" drill bit. If anyone needs bulkheads - they have them at pets unlimited and cap bay in marietta. Cap bay is more expensive of course. They range from $6 to $7 at pets unlimited. Also if your serious about having your tank drilled, PM me for directions and phone #

Chris, where did you get your hole saw bits? Harbor Freight has web-only 1/2", 3/4", and 1", but no 1 1/2".

chris did a great job showing me how to drill a glass tank. as always, it was easy because he had the right tools.

I have always used drememls to cut holes in glass. But the diamond bits look sweet!

I will prob put up another post in about a month. I have to order more bits. Unfortunatly, next time I will have to charge $5 per hole "just to cover the costs of the bits." Each bits drills anywhere from 3 to 5 holes depending on the thickness of the glass. On average each bit costs me about $15 including shipping. Over the past weekend I drilled about 25. All the drilling went very smooth and nobody's tank was cracked :) I think if I offer this service once a month it will be a nice alternative to having an LFS do it. Its also a good learning experience. Loren "seedless reefer" was to chicken to try it :(

that sounds great! :) the 5 bucks is worth it to me just to come see it done! :) I'll be watching for the post-- Thanks!

Back