Free maybe live sand

cameron

Market
Reaction score
We did a tank move today and I didn't want to keep the sand which was from a well established tank. We put a 1" layer of water over it and left it in the garage. I have no idea if anything will survive, but if someone is interested in it dead or alive you are welcome to come and pick it up. There is about 100lbs supposedly, but I have no way of verifying it. I would say there is around 3" in a 90 gallon tank.

I live in Alpharetta. PM me for directions and bring a bucket. First come, first serve. I probably won't keep it long since it will start smelling very foul soon.

I am available tomorrow and Monday pretty much anytime if you want to swing by.

I would guess a crushed coral. Not sure for certain, but it is certainly a higher grain and no where near oolitic or sugar sized.

I'd say that it is what is called a "reef grade" with a little bit of puka shell and such. Looks like a lot of pieces of acro's were broken up in it over the years it set up. Also might not want to use buckets. You'll suffocate any aerobic bacteria if its stacked over 2" for too long. Rubbermaid tubs should works good

Still available. I will probably get rid of it in the next couple days so again first one here gets all they want. I would say there is around 100lbs of it. I kept the garage semi-warm, but I am sure the water still got cold enough to kill most if not all of the stuff.

Same here. Nancy loves to cook so we should do dinner some time and talk tanks.

LOL... My wife would LOVE that! ;) I think a good polish meal is in order. You just tell me when.

Will do. I had a lot of fun talking with you and Nancy really enjoyed speaking with you as well. I will get those LED lights up and we can do a dinner with some flat iron steaks and maybe talk Nancy into breaking out those pierogi.

Ok the fat kid (read: ME) just ait 5 lbs of snow crab and you are still making me hungry. I have not had good homemade pierogi in a long time. And you had me at steak. ;)

EDIT: BTW: the site I told you about is
a>

Back