Free pizza, beer, and frags!

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
now for the catch! I need help getting my tank from the driveway into my basement!
I'd really like to shoot for 8-10 folks if possible.
Thinking start Saturday morning around 10 am (august 6th).
Anyone that has suction cups they could bring/loan would be most helpful (i have a few, but not enough)

Tank is acrylic, 110" x 60" x 33" (and my doorway is 34" wide). We'll most likely stand it on it's face and roll it all the way from the driveway up to the front of the table.
No stairs, just a small down hill and then getting it up on the table.
I'll try to post a couple pics tomorrow if anyone has suggestions.

I'm having the MRC guys bring the tank friday morning and consult on the best way to get it in. I"ll update more after I speak with them.

Also, bring your swimsuits and take a dip in the pool after we get done sweating our butts off!

I hope to see you all soon ;)

oh, i live in marietta near sprayberry highschool.
I've got red and purple monti, green digi, purple digi, softies, and couple lps. And a RBTA or two if we can catch them. Free to those that help.

If you can round up the bodies I'm in. The earlier the better though, I've got plans in the afternoon and need to be back in Duluth by 1pm. If Saturday doesn't work out I can do Sunday morning too.

sounds like sunday morning might be the best time, i'll wait and see what others chime in at.

How many pounds is it? Ive got two hand carts, one high, one low of the metal 4 wheel hand pull carts they use at landscape nursery to pull pots and flowers around in. You're welcome to borrow it, need a truck to pick up, you think that would work? You could put it on top of a moving blanket and pull it through the doorway on that and to where you need it. Of course you still need the help to lift it onto the table stand but the rest of it would be a piece a cake!

I was thinking a couple dolly's (1 for front, 1 back) and a couple sheets of plywood and just leapfrog the plywood to the doorway over the grass.
http://northsidetoolrental.reachlocal.net/jacks-moving-equipment/dolly-6-wheel/">http://northsidetoolrental.reachlocal.net/jacks-moving-equipment/dolly-6-wheel/</a>

not sure exact weight, guessing 500-800 pounds.

We'll see what the MRC guys say when the come tomorrow morning for consult on best way to get it in.

If they are going to deliver it wouldn't they be equipped to get it in the house and placed on the stand?

I understand other people getting tanks from outside the metro area and getting it delivered via motor freight but if MRC is actually delivering it I would think they would be the best to get it to its final spot.

I don't mind helping but I was just thinking... these guys know their **** when it comes to this size tank.

pretty sure they don't have people available for that. They were coming for just a consult and i requested they bring the tank with them. Luckily they were up for that ;)
Plus, Tim, the new owner of sea atlanta will help unload.

It's gonna be Sunday at 10 am. I'll send out some private messages later today with my address for this that can help. It does weigh about 1,000 pounds but the 3 of us really didn't have too much trouble with it. I'm shooting for 8 folks including myself just to be safe and make sure it goes well.
122fd5e362b3881bc72adbd92fc58878.jpg
alt="" />

I'll be sending out pm's in a couple hours. Still a go for tomorrow. Just super busy cleaning up and setting up!

I just sent out a message to everyone that was interested. If you would like to help and did not recieve a message please let me know so I can send you instructions. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning!!!

Sorry I didn't see your message, I was working till about noon today

A huge thanks to everyone that came and helped out. Things went well and we got it into place! Now for the fun!
Thanks again, great group of muscle!

Back