fresh water dip i need help quick please!!

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
ok i googled fresh water dip i used RO water did it in a 5 gallon bucket left the yellow tang in there for 3 to 5 minutes......at first it was on its side but after a nudge it was up and swimming around..........i did the dip for 3 to 5 min. then put it back in the tank.......i dont have a QT so it went back in the main but there is only 3 green chromis in my main tank my fire i was able to move to the bio cube with the clowns they are all happy........so do i need to leave my lights off and let the tang settle or do i turn the lights on and watch him?

what do i need to do to make sure the fish is ok.....again it was done because it had Black ich or black spot tang disease please let me knwo what my next step is

I wouldn't turn on the lights. Just let him get settled and watch his breathing as best you can in the dark. I can tell you that if your FW dip water was not to ph and temp as the display it can cause some stress for the fish. Just keep an eye on his breathing.

jaydm93teg;188347 wrote: ok i googled fresh water dip i used RO water did it in a 5 gallon bucket left the yellow tang in there for 3 to 5 minutes......at first it was on its side but after a nudge it was up and swimming around..........i did the dip for 3 to 5 min. then put it back in the tank.......i dont have a QT so it went back in the main but there is only 3 green chromis in my main tank my fire i was able to move to the bio cube with the clowns they are all happy........so do i need to leave my lights off and let the tang settle or do i turn the lights on and watch him?

what do i need to do to make sure the fish is ok.....again it was done because it had Black ich or black spot tang disease please let me knwo what my next step is

Please tell me you PH balanced your freshwater...

yeah the ph was pretty much close to the same i will not say exact but i will say close

he is back in and swimming around i caught a glimpse of him in the dark under my moon lights.........how long should it take for the black dots on him to go away......i mean i cant see them now but thats cause its dark......should i wait days or should it be gone in the morning or what?

The vermon should have fallen off in the dip however the spot where they were may take a bit to heal. Just keep an eye on it. If they appear to get worse than you may have to repeat treatment.

jaydm93teg;188369 wrote: he is back in and swimming around i caught a glimpse of him in the dark under my moon lights.........how long should it take for the black dots on him to go away......i mean i cant see them now but thats cause its dark......should i wait days or should it be gone in the morning or what?

If you need to quantine you tang i got a 30 gallon hospital tank set up with just some damsels in it, i'm only 20 mins from fayetteville, so your more than welcome to leave him here for as long as you want

thanks man i really appreciate the offer........i put it back in and got all my rock work put back together last night before i saw your post....i let my lights run as normal today and come home to a happy yellow tang........no black spots on it at all she is swimming eating nipping at the algae clip i will monitor her and the other three chromis in the tank but i believe all is well for now

Back