Fresh water isopod?

ripped tide

Market
Reaction score
<div class="gc_ifarem_title">Isopod I.d.? - YouTube</div><iframe style="width: 70%; height: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H6r1pYl7G5o"></iframe>

A customer brought this up to the Aviarium today. It came off her goldfish and has been "eating the fins". I am assuming it is some kind of freshwater isopod. In the video, the creature swims backwards. The "eye spots" you see are false eyes.

Anyone seen these before? Weird.

yeah, that's fish lice... you can just peel them off your fish... Cupramine will kill them.

It's the first freshwater isopod I have seen! I've come across the salt water Isopods before

When I worked at petsmart in high school we used to peel them off the big goldfish and keep them as pets lol...

Well, it sounds sort of cruel but we would give them feeder fish to feed off of from time to time.

a>

I just bought a tank from the lady about 2 hours ago. She told me about it.

Ugh, fish lice creep me out. I worked at petsmart for a while and only saw them a handful of times, but every time I would move the fish to iso, take the little devils off by hand, and then spend a 15min break rocking quietly in the breakroom. *shudder*

Back