Fritz turbo start 900

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Had a question, Trying to cycle new ,was going try fritz turbo start 900.
Have nothing but rock in tank.
After dosing turbo start. What is the nest step. Getting several different answers.

have used it for a while now. Fritz and Dr. Timms Ammonium Chloride, get your numbers down to zero and start adding fish. I usually take about a week to 10 days, I have not lost fish yet (KNOCKING ON WOOD).

I have used Fritz bacteria products successfully to cycle new systems. Per their instructions, you must provide either live fish, or another ammonium source. My preference is to use liquid ammonium, as it’s measurable & therefore predictable.

Here are their instructions, in case you don’t have it -

Thanks, If I don't add fish, someone stated .I could feed with some brine shrimp or some other type of frozen food blended up to a liquid. (small amount. )

Thanks, If I don't add fish, someone stated .I could feed with some brine shrimp or some other type of frozen food blended up to a liquid. (small amount. )

No, go to a LFS and purchase Dr. Timms Ammonium Chloride. this is the best most effective, and safe way to do it for the animals. I am against fish until your numbers are in the proper range.

That's not a great way to do it, it can work but it's sloppy. Old school aquarists used this trick but you're kind of just throwing stuff in there blind and seeing what happens. Grab a bottle of the Dr Tim's for a few bucks and get it kicked off correct.

Using puréed fish food, or a dead shrimp, encourages bacteria that feed on rotting flesh. While pathogenic strains are bound to end up in any reef tank, I have never understood why you would want to encourage them?

As stated above, use what the nitrifying bacteria require. Ammonium chloride works well.

fwiw,
I add a dose of vitamins and trace elements, to cover whatever else the bacteria need.

Wow, I believe I will just follow the directions on the bottle. Thanks

I believe the label, I know for sure the fitz website, says you can do either fish or their version of ammonia source(fishless fuel.). I think the general consensus is using an ammonia source over livestock. Good luck!

Back