Frogspawn dyeing

millersteve383

Market
Reaction score
My frogspawn has been really healthy and growing for the past 6 months. It just started shriveling up. I have it in the middle of the tank and have never moved it. I have noticed quite a lot of algae growing on it. My params are. Salinity 1.025. Ph 8.2. 0 ammonia nitrates nitrites and just enough phosphates to register lowest on scale. Calcium is 450 Magnesium is 1600 dk/h 10.1. Thank you for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ceb20fda3299105eadace40958ed1d8.jpg
alt="" />

It's in the same spot. I just had my gsp creep up on it and I added some zoas

Do you have any Favia or chalice etc that could be stinging it?
I've got some that can put out 2 to 3 inch tentacles at night!

Did you increase your flow or lighting? Looks like the branch in more shade is doing better.

I've experimented with different locations in my 29 biocube for my frogspawn; found it likes lower flow and being towards the middle-bottom of the tank with less light.

Just curious how long your mag has been a little high? I've had some softies not react well with a higher mag. Just a thought. :)

Mine is on the bottom facing upward and it is doing great. Try to move it down + isolate it. Not direct flow

Ricky5415;1067239 wrote: Mine is on the bottom facing upward and it is doing great. Try to move it down + isolate it. Not direct flow

+1

Not directly on the sand bed though!

Back