Frogspawn vs GBTA

ddaddy2420

Market
Reaction score
My GBTA has moved next to my large frogspawn. I keep seeing tentacles from my frogspawn extending out and touch the GBTA, tentacles that are much longer than most of the normal ones on the frogspawn. Can these hurt each other or are they ok next to one another? I can move the frogspawn easily but i figured if the anemone didn't like the spawn touching it, it would move also.

Dale

From my experience the GBTA would win the war. I had both close to each other and depending on flow conditions, the GBTA would touch the Frogspawn and I would see die back of that portion.

As for sweeper tentacles on a frogspawn....yes, they can get very long...upwards of 8-10" long. Frogspawn and others like it use those in search of food.

IMO..I would move one or the other...from what I have read hammer and frogspawn have a deadly sting. I have a hammer on one end of my frag tank by itself..just to be safe.

Well I did move the Frogspawn. Reason being every time the GBTA would touch the frogspawn, the GBTAs tentacles would recoil. Looked like the frogspawn was hurting the GBTA to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey you could just sell me the GBTA and you wouldn't have to worry about it moving anymore!

Back