frogspawn

kevinbeth

Market
Reaction score
How do you know if your frogspawn is splitting? Does it just didvide into two one day? Is there anything special i need to do?

When it packs all its stuff, calls you names and slams the door its pretty clear it just split.

Seedless Reefer;82516 wrote: When it packs all its stuff, calls you names and slams the door its pretty clear it just split.
is this what all your ex girlfriends use to do:D

Loren, we now take it that Linda isn't your first wife.....

LOL

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: oh man i just got snot all over the screen:doh:
Dakota9;82528 wrote: Loren, we now take it that Linda isn't your first wife.....

LOL

I dont think you need to do anything for it. Think of how it does it in the ocean.

oh yeah sorry it takes time i didnt even notice mine had split one day i happened to look and it had two mouths but it will happen frog spawns are hard corals so it like a good calcium level hope some one else that knows more will chime in

Yeah, just keep up the calcium and it will do the rest itself. Mine has gone from one head to about 7-8 heads in about 5 months.

Dakota9;82528 wrote: Loren, we now take it that Linda isn't your first wife.....

LOL

Or ... maybe I'm like an anenome that has already split multiple times....

I got a Frogspawn from Jeep (Chris) about 3 weeks ago, it had 3 heads on it, but seems to have doubled in size since i got it. I haven't done anything but add calcium and 1 water change. Oh, and I put it in a 30g tank with only 1 150watt 10,000K MH bulb. It seems to like it.

I was actually wondering about the frogspawn also. Some of the heads on mine have been massively swollen over the past 2 days. They look like small peaches. Other heads look the same as they always have.

Corals do odd things in my tank.

Mine started by first growing the mouth larger, then the mouth got wider, and then it split the mouth into two. After a while the mouths grew apart and then the heads split. I started with a two headed frogspawn in April and it now has six.

Linda Lee;82545 wrote: Some of the heads have been massively swollen over the past 2 days. They look like small peaches. .

:D Are you allowed to say that on here?:yuk:

jefft;82557 wrote: :D Are you allowed to say that on here?:yuk:

you're right... I should have said *overly poofy*

sorry... lapse in judgment on my part.

The heads of the branching types of Euphylla (Hammer, Frogspawn, Anchor, etc) split slowly over time as the skeleton grows out. A single, typically round branch, slowly over time grows more oval or sometimes tri-oval in shape. As time goes on, the flesh of the Euphylla head splits in the center and becomes 2 or 3 separate branches. The time this process takes can be weeks or months depending on the growth rate of the specific Euphylla species and the conditions of the environment in which it lives.

Back