From NOOB to expert.... Help!

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Okay I have been in the hobby for about 2.5 years. I have a 75RR and a ASM G-3 skimmer. I have been lazy with my tank and now its time to fully dive into this hobby. What do you all recommend I add to my setup to keep the water quality perfect? In other words what does everyone have as far as equipment for their 75? I have plans for a mixed reef with SPS, LPS.

Your ricordias will keep your water murky and toxic. Only cure is to give them all to me.... immediately

(just trying to help)

:)

Barbara;161331 wrote:
My next addition's going to be 2 of the Two little fishies Phosban reactors; 1 for carbon and one for phosban. I have a little bit of hair algae in the tank, and I think running those will be the best next addition for my system to keep the water cleaner.

I'm no expert, but I will say I just added one of these with the phos absorber and I am already seeing a difference after a week. I am not running carbon, but purigen. I am even thinking about throwing it into the reactor (still in it's little baggie) with the phos absorber so I wont have to run 2. Dunno if this is best but it will save some space and cash.

LiveRock was telling me he runs prodibio(?) and his water is crystal clean. Dunno what that stuff is, but I thought I might check it out sometime.

Linda Lee;161330 wrote: Your ricordias will keep your water murky and toxic. Only cure is to give them all to me.... immediately

(just trying to help)

:)

;) lol Linda ill keep that in mind.

Barbara, I dont have an ATO either and im like you sometimes I hear the pump struggling lol. Also, I have been BAD about tap water lately. Now im starting to see a little hair algae. So I know first on the list is a RO/DI unit.

Also, about the phosban what would be best for my system?

I am adding Calc to my system manuelly. And I add PH buffer every once and a while when the PH drops. Other than that, thats it!

Keep the ideas coming!!

IMO if You are lazy like I was/am.A calcium reactor is a must.It makes things SOOOOOOO much easier.Dosing is such a pain in the arse.That and a good RELIABLE auto top off were probably the best additions I ever made to My system.And of course a good quality/performing skimmer which it looks like you already have.A controller also makes life easy.

Back