fuge/qt

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
hi

do you guys think it is possible to make a fuge that can turn into a qt for new fish. (not using any meds in). drill it and have a spare hole to drain it out the window to get water from the tank in there with ease. is it possible.

i dont think this will cost alot.
this is what i plan.

a 15 drilled. the pump is the return from my protein skimmer. then all macro. 1 baffle and when qting use a seperate filter when new fish are in.

yes bllind you can do this but as far as new fish and lets say the tang you have that has ich would have to go to a totaly different tank cause you will still have a host in your tank but yeah you can keep let say an injured fish in your fish refugium i have two damsels in mine but they will soon go to the store since no one wants them hope this helps .victor

oh the tang so far has no signs of ich. but thank you for your response.

he is not showing sings of ich but since he had it once your tank is inffected with it the only way to get rid of it it to take him out and medicate him in anothe tank(qt) and all your other fish as well and then dont put them back in for about 6-8 weeks so the ich has no were to host and dies of completely and if you add any other fish qt them for 6-8 weeks as well if not youll take the chance of getting ich all over again and youll have to repeat .but do what you like just my suggestion thats what im doing just as soon as i get these damsels out of my tank

well i used the garlic/ginger and cleanershrimp method. but i get what you are saying.

Back