fungus on clownfish

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
hi
my false perc had a white fungus growning all over her. she cant swim correctly. right know my dad is giving her a dip. i will get pics right after school. can someone tell me what she has and how to treat it.

that is what i have. i added a cleanershrimp which is now dead.
are tangs and coral beauty angels or snails prone to it. both fish are dead and i am now looking to borrow a large qt tank from someone.

thankyou my dad and i are going to do a 10 min freash water dip can anyone help me to the other fishes.

This is how I treat brookynella, and it always works great. Anyone adding clowns should do this dip before adding them, anyway.

14 drops of Quick Cure (Formalin and Malachite Green), a very common Ich medication, in a quart of water. Dip for 10 minutes. It's not as harsh as a f/w dip and works great on brookynella. You can see the slime start falling off of them in the dip. Repeat that dip for 5 days, every other day, 3 dips total.

Brookynella is a protozoan infection, so it responds to all ich treatments.

when you say dip...are you leaving them in the water for that period of time...sorry never had to dip anything yet

Gotcha with the bath...Im sure thats what a "dip" is, I just didnt know is all...thanks

well i found 1 spot on my coral beauty. so i went to petland duluth. i talked to thekidd55 and he told me gave me this med made by seachem and he told me how to do it and everything so i will see how that works.

my dad seems happy from all of this. his reply verbatum is

"so if all the fish die can i make it into my fresh water"
me:"no ill just make it into all corals and no fish less diseases"

his reply:"isnt it time for you to go to your room and go on arc.

dkelly;82484 wrote: oh no, you lost the fish??
yea i lost about $50 today. it sucks my dad grounded me from fish buying for 5 months.(even thought it is my money)

DannyBradley;82490 wrote:
14 drops of Quick Cure (Formalin and Malachite Green), a very common Ich medication, in a quart of water. Dip for 10 minutes. It's not as harsh as a f/w dip and works great on brookynella. You can see the slime start falling off of them in the dip. Repeat that dip for 5 days, every other day, 3 dips total.

That can be very open for debate!!!! a) a FW dip <u>if done correctly</u> is about the safest thing that has been tested. b) a dip in Formalin of less then 30 min is pretty useless IMHO and testing. c) Formalin alone would be safer then a combo treatment IMHO. d) I hope you put an airstone in that quart of water since Formalin will loose O2 faster then you can imagine. You should never use a formalin treatment without a way to replace and make up for the lack of O2.

no you dont. but i think this has helped him see why having corals will cut the losses since you can frag them and sell them so he set up a garage sale for me and said all the money is mine if i do all the work.

U do know keeping coral can be just as hard or harder..Depending on which type (soft or hard). YOu will require different type of lighting, chemicals, etc...

Hey
I looked at your water test about 10 mintues later and your nitrites are really high. Also I say a white substance at the bottom of one of the test tubes. I would do a water change asap

ok i am of to make some saltwater right now. tanks for your help so far almost all the fungus is off of the coralbeauty so you are a great help.

Back