funny looking snail

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
I tried to take pic's of it but could not get any that did not look like a blur. it looks like a flat shell and the snail has like spots on him. any ideas? Where to look?</em>

Stomatella that is what one looks like but then I have some that have a shell that is kind of like a pyramid. What could that be? I thought they were Stomatella's. I guess I was wrong. Any help on those?

I can't get any good pics with this pos I have for a camera. If it is not larger than 3 inches then all you see is a blur.

may be a Limpet I have had them in the past. only get to about 2/4 inch or so..

Limpet-1.jpg
>http://homepage.uab.edu/acnnnghm/BY255L/BY255LImages/BY255LImages-Mollusca/Limpet-1.jpg</a>

you can also google it.

Jason

nope not like thatthe snail you can see at the bottom. like the Stomatella but the shell goes up like a dunce hat. just not as tall.

just googled the Limpet and it looks like the other ones thank you. Now are they good or bad?

I have some pretty large limpets, more than an inch long. Occasionally they'll knock something over. Sometimes I'll feed them to the mantis. It takes him weeks before he decides to eat them. I haven't seen them damage anything. Just for fun, try pulling a big one off of a rock!

So I have two good snails and no bad guys. I guess that I am to the good. Maybe I will find a new snail I did not know I had later.

I had fat, I ment to type 3/4... that is the largest I have had in my tank... I guess they get bigger.

Jason

It seem things grow big in my tank unless it is corals.lol so we will see. Right now I have one of the limpets that looks like he is 1 inch long so maybe he will keep getting bigger.

Back