Future 225 gallon Reef

zoasandpalys

Market
Reaction score
I have been out of the hobby for a while and have missed it so much. I need people to talk to for real.
I am going to be setting up a 225 gallon 72x24x30 in about 3 months.
I plan on 3 different rock piles, left, right and center and with a 3 to 4 inch sand bed for certain fish to live in. The tank will be viewable from front in the living room and in back from the bed room. It will be a zoa and paly 90% dominate Tank. So with that said who of you out there grow out zoas and palys and round about how many different types do you have? If you have time a list of names would be great :)

Sounds awesome. Those are the dimensions of my peninsula style tank, although mine is a little higher and a little thinner. I know nothing about zoas and palys. Odd how certain species appeal to us, or not.

Not sure how long you have been out, but parasites on fish are much more common than they used to be. I strongly recommend setting up a dedicated quarantine tank as you start stocking your display. And read up on R2R or Humblefish sites for QT protocols.

Right some people go for things I totally would not but you know to each his or her own.

Thanks for the heads up, oh yeah QT everything for sure.

lmao, you said those are the dimensions of your tank but yours is taller and thinner <----- this cracked me up, cause then its not your dims at all, lmao I couldnt help myself had to say something

I got a free frag of some random red zoa with an online order. Not really my thing. It's only 2 heads on a plug, but you're welcome to it when your tank is set up.

Back