FW plants

SaltwaterGardening

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Upgrading from a 5 year old 2.5 gallon freshwater tank and looking for ideas to add plants and rock or wood pieces. Any items for purchase would be great too. I’m in East Cobb.

I currently have 3 glo tetras, a cherry shrimp, a brown loach, and 2 olive snails to transfer. Picking up a fresh bag of soil substrate and a few more shrimp to get my tank going. Thanks!

I have some hornwort, lots of floaters, water wisteria, java fern, moss, and some other ones that I don't know the name of. Lots of easy fast growing plants. I also have some nice rocks and wood pieces.

I have some hornwort, lots of floaters, water wisteria, java fern, moss, and some other ones that I don't know the name of. Lots of easy fast growing plants. I also have some nice rocks and wood pieces.

Take a photo of your tank when you get a moment. I have Java fern from before, but wanted some smaller planted items. Hornwort looks nice. I also like the look of whispy eleocharis pusilla grass and rununculus inundatus. Moss balls didn’t do well in my little tank before, but might be fine now. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing! You have a great looking ecosystem. Interesting to see the Java fern placement. I wondered if it would get out of hand in a big tank.

Ours is nothing fabulous yet. Substrate is still settling. Wood was placed today and disturbed it a little more. I need a few pieces of rock and will start collecting plants.

Attachments

• C8A60C53-FE44-42AB-B24F-FBE3F9DE384B.jpeg
    C8A60C53-FE44-42AB-B24F-FBE3F9DE384B.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20
Back