FWE for zoa eating nudibranchs

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
I have zoa eating nudibranchs. Sucked out 30 yesterday. I have read several articles and posts on other sites about using FWE against them. Most of my zoas are where I can take out just the rock they are on and dip the rock. However, I have some on the main rock that cannot be removed. So I am thinking treating the tank may be best. I know I will have to do at least 2 treatments a couple of weeks apart for newly hatched nudibranchs. Is FWE really reef safe? Has anyone had experience using it? Any gotchas other than following the directions on the package?

Try one of these, I've heard they are the only confirmed killer/eater of nudi's. There is an unofficial group buy going on now by MysteryBox.... Free shipping!

prod_display.cfm

I know that Coral Rx works on zoa eating nudibranchs as a coral dip. However, it should not be used to treat a tank. Your zoas will need to be retreated with Coral Rx several times to break the lifecycle of the zoas since Coral Rx does not destroy their eggs.

Unfortunateley, I don't know enough about FWE to help you regarding adding it to your tank.

Back