G.A.R.F. order..anyone want to join?

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I am putting together a G.A.R.F. order for a CUC and Garf Grunge(Bio-diverse LS activator) and wanted to know if anyone wanted in on the order to defray shipping costs. I'll have it delivered to my house and you can pick it up anytime in the evening or on the weekend.

Here is the G.A.R.F. site:

http://www.garf.org/">http://www.garf.org/</a>

I have used grunge with every new tank I have set up and you can't beat the bio-diversity that this stuff contains. Stars, sponges, worms, and tons of other critters. Great way to just start a new system or even re-vitalize a well established system.

Let me know by the end of the day and I'll make the order tomorrow!

Looks like I have 2 people for the order....anyone else. Please get it to me before 11AM today. Thanks!

The grunge is a live sand activator or re-activator for older sand beds. Its full of very bio-diverse critters. I would order maybe 40pds for both the tanks. let me know if that works and I'll add it to the order.

Here is what I have so far:

flyingarmy- 10lbs
pfritzbelly- 20lbs
Blueeyes- 42lbs
LDYBKR- 40lbs

I'll ask them about shipping cost. I'll need payment from everyone before I make the order. I'll let you know total cost per person after lunch. Paypal would work best.

I ordered from him once and all the acro frags died. All but one was dead when they got here. Poor packaging no heat packs. I still have a credit because I did not want to pay for shipping from him again. He also sent me crabs in a bag with no water. They all lived but he is the only person who does this as far as I know.

Never mind I will not make the dead line. His grunge stuff I am sure with your previous experience would be fine. Just be careful ordering sps.

Joe

I have never ordered corals, just grunge and CUCs. Never had a problem with shipping. I'll call GARF and see what shipping will be.

knockstein..$5 and you can have a pound of mine.

$5 a pound...so around $200. This "grunge" is not sold to be used as a substrate but more of a jump starter or re-starter. It can be course pieces of LRR or fine mud type. I have recieved many version but it's always full of life!

I've used grunge before and it's good stuff.

I ordered a cleanup crew from them in 1999- it came shipped in water! I had a large dieoff, but they replaced it asap, even the shipping!

Mark, if you haven't ordered already, they used to give free stuff to offsett shipping. See if they'll still do it.

Ok..back on..sorry for the delay. I'll be calling GARF this morning to set up the purchase. I'll be PM'ing everyone that is on the order for their portion of the purchase. After I receive funds from each person I'll make the order.

LDYBKR;231035 wrote: 5.00 per pound is a lot don't you think?

The stuff is worth the $5 a pound.

Due to some other purchases I need ot hold off on ordering this month. I'll put a group buy together early next month. Sorry guys! Check back..we'll do it again soon!

Georgette, based on some news I received today, I cannot do this right now. Thank you.

Back