G3 Radion Thread (pro and non-pro)

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Hi folks.
I don't think there is a radion specific thread here on ARC, and I think there should be so.. .here it is:)
If you have been researching the radion lights for purchase, or have been using them you know that dialing them in can be one of the biggest challenges. If you're like me you have also seen some amazing tanks that are running the radions, so it CAN be done. Therefore let's put our heads together and figure out what works... what doesn't work. What bleaches the corals, what specific channels are important, and which may be useless.
In other words, lets figure this thing out. Although some of you may have it figured out already and ask.... "whats to figure out"... the lighting system can, indeed be confusing for some. The being able to really sink one's teeth into the control of the system is both a blessing AND a curse.

Thread Purposes:
1) Share your positive and negative experiences
2) If they lights work for you... what do you believe works "about them" ?
3) Share your lighting schedules here (Pics and or files)

So... if you have radions .. or HAD radions and gave up... or... are CONSIDERING buying radions... post here.

Looking forward to a great thread

SO FAR.. my pros and cons
PROS: Well, they do grow corals and I LOVE the ability to control every little thing. The coverage with the 120 lenses are pretty good.
CONS: IMO coverage with the standard lenses are ... meh.... that being said the 120 lenses are cheap and simple to replace, although I'm not sure how much it affects the PAR of the lights. I did feel that I wanted to add 4 T5 lamps for supplements .. which I did to combat what I would call shadowing.
______

Here is my schedule.

I have 2 Radion G3 NON PRO WITH the 120degree lenses
THUS I am running them at a higher intensity.

I have it saved as an XML, but I can't seem to post that format as an extension.

I have a spike in the middle of the day during which my whites go up a fair bit. During these hours I also have 2 6500k GE T5 lamps that run.

During the daylight period There are also 2 Blue + t5 lamps that run.

I post the T5 schedule just for disclosure.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1068774=66058-Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 3.29.35 PM.png
>
1068774=66058-Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 3.29.35 PM.png
class="gc-images" title="Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 3.29.35 PM.png[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back