GA Aquarium hook up?

oz

Market
Reaction score
We were thinking about going down to the GA aquarium tomorrow and I wanted to do the behind the scenes tour.

Only coupon I could find was for a free cookie. :boo:

Anyone know of a discount source for behind the scenes tour tix?

$160 for 2 people is a lot of nice coral frags!

Cheapest (best value) way I have found is to just buy annual passes. General admission is $26 per adult. The behind the scenes is $50. So you are looking at around $154 for two people to go once and go behind the scenes.

Annual passes are $65 per person, however you get 50% off the behind the scenes tour. So you can get annual passes and behind the scenes tour for $180. I would much rather kick up the extra $26 or so and then be able to go as many times as I want for the rest of the year. Annual pass pays for itself if you go twice and do the behind the scenes tour once. I am going to probably only go to the aquarium 3 or 4 times this year, but for that alone it was worth me buying an annual pass.

Of course this doesn't help it be any cheaper on your pocketbook immediately, but if you plan on going more than once it is worth it.

Matt

Didn't know about 50% for annual pass holders. That's a much better value.

Thanks for the info!

2 annual passes and 2 behind the scenes tours for today at noon = $182.50

Looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Awesome, I hope you had a great time. I love going to the aquarium. I was hoping to go down today, but it looks like I will have to wait till next Friday to get back down there.

Matt

How's their big reef tank looking? I went a couple weeks after they opened and it looked like it had a lot of potential. I'm not to crazy with the Disney looking layout of the place, but I would go back to check out that big reef tank once it's grown in a bit.

this is something I totally have to do before I leave....let us know how it went!

hope you had a good time.

we had a great time even though it was so packed. The annual pass is the way to go because if you go one day and it's too packed, just leave and come back another day. not waiting in the line was great too, just walked right in.

I'll post some pics in a little while. The large reef is nice but only about 30% alive at best right now. The behind the scenes tour really shows all that goes into that reef and you see the top reef flat section where they have some sharks and such with a lot of mangroves.

30% is what a lady speaker said that worked there.

Few Pics:
Largest trigger I've ever seen.
The top of "Ocean World" (6.3 million gallons)
The large Reef tank
12 foot skimmer!

yeah, the second picture is from the bridge. Took more videos than pictures.

Back