Garden Hose adapter for RODI

stroid

Market
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these or know where to get one tonight. Or suggest other options. I was thinking of getting a 3/4" female adapter to 1/2" then using the original regular faucet RO adapter. Also I need more tubing does anyone know where to get that also?
Thanks

>

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/fittings.htm">http://www.thefilterguys.biz/fittings.htm</a>

scroll down a bit.

I can find it online thats not the problem. I just wanted it today so I can finish my install. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I picked up a quick connect that can go on a faucet from Ace Hardware for mine.

I think your adapter idea should work. As for the tubing I've got 3-5 feet of it you're welcome to, although I'm fairly sure most home improvement stores would carry the JG tubing.

not sure about the adapter but the tubing you can get at any hardware store.

cool thanks guys ill run by home depot tonight. Jin its a kind offer and if I dont find it at the store maybe you can bring it with you to the meeting. Thanks

Barbara that is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks Jeff I am gonna try HD first then to Lowes. HD is closer.... on a side note the pressure coming out of my faucet is very strong how much should I open the faucet for the RO Unit? Full blast seems way to powerfull...I guess im asking what the flow rate should be if that makes sense.

Good to hear I was affraid that it will be flowing so fast it will rip apart my equipment

Barbara;135641 wrote: Ziad, I have the same problem. The house's water pressure regulator was installed <u>after</u> my outside garden hose attachment. I never tested the pressure, but I've torn up every garden hose they make if I buy a spray nozzle and forget to turn the water off...... I even bought one of those Goodyear waterhoses with the lifetime guarantee and the guy at HD said if my water pressure broke the hose he wanted to personally see it! I took the hose back to him, split right down the side and he just couldn't believe it.

However, I let my water run full open and my TDS on the other side is still zero. My filters are over a year old on my unit, and it's rated for 100 GPD, but I can make 35 in 2-3 hours. It doesn't seem to hurt my unit at all.
What is the pressure? Its likely that some component in your system has a maximum operating pressure of 100 psi. If you are above that, you are playing with fire (water). You've seen what it can di to your garden hose...

Buckeye Field Supply;138202 wrote: What is the pressure? Its likely that some component in your system has a maximum operating pressure of 100 psi. If you are above that, you are playing with fire (water). You've seen what it can di to your garden hose...
how do you measure the pressure in your water line?

You can get a garden hose pressure gage at Lowe or HD...

I suggest you get a in-line pressure guage placed after your prefilters and just before your RO membrane. That way you can monitor the pressure drop over time, you can accurately know when your sediment cartage needs to be replaced. You can get that stuff at Lowe's or http://www.thefilterguys.biz/accessories.htm">http://www.thefilterguys.biz/accessories.htm</a> or maybe buckeye

If you can check your TDS after RO before the DI, that will give you a good indicator that your membrane is working properly. If your pressure is low (below 50-60 psi) in Atlanta it really does not effect your TDS that much, but it does waste ALOT more water, or less water production and possible shorten the life if your membrane.

Barbara;138428 wrote: The unit I have now is almost 1 & 1/2 years old and still going strong without a filter change too.

Hmmm.

What is the chlorine capacity on your carbon block? Don't exceed it or the chlorine with reach your membrane and ruin it.

You should be sanitizing the system every other filter change or about once per year.

Are you sure the system is working ok? You are testing the output with a tds meter, right?

I got the RODI hooked up and am producing 0 TDS water! Now here is something weird maybe someone here can explain. There seems to be a lot of static electricity in the trash can that I am filling with water. To the point that when i stick in my hand to test with my TDS meter sparks start flying and i get a nice little shock. Even without the meter I get shocked pretty bad? Why is this happening?

Back