GBTA no more BT. :(

rhodan

Market
Reaction score
My GBTA went through a very violent split with my durso return. After weeks of healing I now have 3 nems but they no longer have bubble tips. All 3 eat well and the tenticles engorge, but no more bubbles on the tips. Anyone have an idea on how to get back the BTs on my GBTA?

It is very common for BT to lose their bulbs. I dont believe anyonbe knows why the lose them, or why they return. I used to have a red BTA that looked like a disgusting cow udder. It made me so sick, I sold it to James. HA ha, sucker!

Mine goes through periods without bubbles and periods with. For mine, there is no rhyme or reason for it, it stays in the same spot with the same lighting and same flow. The only thing that changes is the temperature....

My BTA has YET to have bulbs!! And I've had it a year! It never moves, and is growing tons, and sometimes it even has one or two tentacles that look like they may decide to bubble up.. Someday.

But, it's quite discouraging- If I wanted an anemone that looks like this one does, I would have bought another condi :(

Yea...Mine are pretty much like every one's else....They moved to a spot they liked, some have massive flow while another has very little flow, they haven't moved in weeks. At first I thought they weren't getting enough food, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Only major change is temp.

My temp is going through a change right now as well.....It seems that having a sump in the basement is great for 95% of the year except during the coldest parts. I have another 300W heater coming, now if I can only find a open outlet to plug the **** into.

Barbara,

That's great news.....Maybe if I overfeed mine it will grow fast and split. :) jk. So I guess I will sit back and wait and see. So it makes me wonder if the violent split with the durso drian ripped it in all the wrong places. So I'm hoping after the scar tissue is passes the bubble tips will come back. :D

On a side note, regarding BTAs, I know everyone is excited when theirs splits, but should we be? Is it a good thing? Or is it a survival response to stress? For example, when tridscnid clams are stressed, the mass spawn. Its kinda a last hoorah to make sure their genes are passed along. Are these anemones doing the same thing?

Barbara;262652 wrote: Funny you mention that, b/c I know that mine split as a result of my "antagonizing" it. It popped out of the reef in an undesirable spot, so I stuffed it back into the reef, and stuck a rock in the spot where it had come out. I accidentally pinched it with the rock, and the next morning I had 2 anemones. It was the only time it split in the 12 months I had it. I do believe it split as a result of being injured/irratated.

I did the same thing with one of my rbta. The next 2 days, it split as well.

Back