GBTA not connecting foot

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
Hey,
I added a GBTA to my tank a couple days ago and the side of the foot it sticking to the rock but his foot isn't. He is sort of wedged between two rocks so he isn't being blown around the tank but because his foot isn't connected, the flow does lift him up and down. Should I just leave him alone and let him figure it out or try to move him? The foot is actually facing toward the front glass. I would actually feel better if it was facing down so that it could connect.

Might want to turn off your power heads until it attaches. Nems floating around in the tank tend to find the power head, and a mess.

Will do. I turned them all off the first day so that it could attach and I thought that it had but then yesterday I noticed that it was sort of attached but bouncing up and down a little so I wasn't convinced. Then this morning the foot is pointing toward the front glass so I know that it isn't. The two main powerheads go off at night and don't turn back on until 9 so they aren't on now..only my smaller ones. It is fully open...just not attached except by a side.

Also, it is on the sand bottom with two rocks on each side. Is it that the foot is on the sand?

BTAs like attaching their foot to rocks, definitely. I would be that it attaches just fine if it can find a nice crevice in a rock. Any pics you want to share?

Came home for lunch and to check on it and it looks like the foot is down now but it shriveled up and the mouth is gaping. So it is either pooping or something else is going on.

Nems have so many odd looks.
If you turn your PH back on does it seem to be secure? If so, it's probably good.

It has inflated again (not as big as it was at the LFS but bigger than this morning) but still not attached so I slid a rock under it so we will see if it attaches to it.

Even though I slid a rock under it, it still isn't connecting its foot. The side is stuck to the rock but that is the only part holding it down.

9 months but I have had very stable parameters so I felt comfortable getting one. Here they are:

around 8 - Ph
0 - Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate
8 - Alk
400 - Ca
1250 - Mg
0.25 - Phosphate...my API test kit has always registered that even though I run a GFO with phosban

Looks like a long tentacle one which I had to stick to the glass. They would never stick in rocks

Back