Gbta

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Ok heres something I wasnt expecting...

Im missing a bi blenny and 4 chromis in the last 30 days...no carcasses so I figure, ok ther in the overflow...

I take of the durso so the overflow drains in the sump....nothing...I get on a chair and see "something" but its not really moving...

In goes the net and I pull a glob of something out that falls in my tank.. OH S*** I thought...I scoop it out of my tank and find a 2-3 inch GBTA, My big anenome moved to the top of my overflow, I thought maybe he wanted more light....could he have made the move to split? If he did do they split evenly? If so then this is not even at all...

Could I have a predator?? Doesnt seem possible considering the snails, crabs and shrimp are unmarked and no deaths....

Where could have the blenny and chromis have gone? I give up!

He could have split... They do not split even in my experience, one is usually smaller then then other one. Usually, BTAs will move A LOT when they are splitting. As far as where your fish are.... Ummm I can't help you there. Maybe predator.... an anemone is not a big killer and maybe will take down one fish. 50% of the time if he stings it, it will die elsewhere in the tank. So for him to take down 5 fish in two weeks with 100% eat rate is unlikely to me. What is more likely is you have a predator or natural deth and the carcasses are in the rockwork maybe...

Thanks Brandon...Glad I found an anemome but was hoping for a Bi Blenny lol

May jeffy RIP

Hey B...You work today? Would take a trip to see your tank...Ill bring the boxer to play with your mountain lion

its also possible that if they died for a natural reason and their body is behind rocks, crabs, shrimp and other mystery things in your tank will do a good job at eating them up. I think we've all had a mysterious dissappearance atleast once. Sorry to hear about that tho. Anemonies are weird, generally they split 50-50, but there are times that they wont...all really depends on the conditions at that present time (least thats my thinking) I've had many bta splits and all were for the most part even till my latest one, its like a 70-30. From my own personal observation, that particular anemone was in an area with more flow and did have a hosting clown in it...dont know if those factorshad anything to do with the uneven split, but they might have.

all invets are fine including star...nothin strange and no new LR so no hitch hikers...maybe its just death and carcasses eaten by emeralds and such..think ill take a ride to tims and get a bi blenny

If I remember correctly, you have a secure cover, right? Bi-Blens are terrific jumpers.

tnyga;120384 wrote: Thanks Brandon...Glad I found an anemome but was hoping for a Bi Blenny lol

May jeffy RIP

Hey B...You work today? Would take a trip to see your tank...Ill bring the boxer to play with your mountain lion

My other half just got done with having her wisdom teeth taken out this morning. I would love to invite you over except she would kill me... Can I take a rain check out on that offer?

Xyzpdq0121;120434 wrote: My other half just got done with having her wisdom teeth taken out this morning. I would love to invite you over except she would kill me... Can I take a rain check out on that offer?

No problem...Hope shes doing well... And yes Linda...he cant jump out

Back