getting a nem to move with a powerhead

york1

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone have success with blasting a nem with a powerhead to get it moving? I have a small jebao pointed at a group of nems in my bowfront but it doesnt seem to bother them much. I have a really big powerhead I can try. Would blasting them harder help? How much is to much?

Anyone have success with blasting a nem with a powerhead to get it moving? I have a small jebao pointed at a group of nems in my bowfront but it doesnt seem to bother them much. I have a really big powerhead I can try. Would blasting them harder help? How much is to much?
I have had good success combining this with the credit card method. Blast the powerhead till they start to move and once a section of the foot is loose start using the credit card to detach it.

This is how I normally get them to detach from a rock. Just blast away with a power head.

But... if they are tightly wedged into immovable rockwork, you are kind of %*&^ out of luck. I have had them shrink up and ignore a direct powerhead for weeks at a time. Stubborn little things.

Ya so far no luck. They are being very stubborn. I might try again this afternoon with the big power head

Back