Getting copper out of tank...fast

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
so to start of i have a 5 gallon nano and the fish in it got ick and plus some other fish got it to so now i have 4 fish with ick... Well i got some medication to treat them and they are doing awesome. Well the problem is now i may have accident'y dumped half of the bottle in my 10 gallon frag tank. I amediently took out the fish and frags and started running ALOT of carbon. Will this get rid of it or no? I don't want to put my pieces of coral in their and they all bleach or melt...

OHHHHH so you dumped the meds you were using in the nano in your frag tank. Ok

JDavid;948705 wrote: OHHHHH so you dumped the meds you were using in the nano in your frag tank. Ok

I put the fish from my nano in to a qt. My qt and frag tank are like right next to each other.

I'd empty the frag tank ASAP. Refill and probably still use this
a>

What brand of copper medication was it?

In addition to the Cuprisorb, get a Polyfilter pad made by Polybio Marine. It will change colours as it removes the copper. Get one or more - cut a piece to fit in your filter or chamber, and observe the colour change.

You will probably want to discard the sand, and even the live rock because that will have absorbed some copper. The Polyfilter will tell the tale if you got it all or not.

Jenn

Back