getting rid of mushrooms......

rolo65

Market
Reaction score
i made the mistake.....(or good choice if you like them...but i dont)....of adding mushrooms to my tank a few yrs ago....(in my last tank)....they're just the common green ones.....anyone know of a way to get rid of them without drying the rock out....theyre all over my tank now......but mostly concentrated on one rock....which can be removed.....would just rather not destroy all the coraline and other little critters on there.....

guess i could take the rock out and joes juice the poo out of them huh?

i dont mind a few here and there but they are starting to annoy my SPS.....and i like my SPS more!!!!

I've got some too if anyone wants some...feel freem to PM me and you're than welcome to em! I've got the Green Stripped ones.

DrNecropolis;503226 wrote: I bet you could give them away to people..

true....ANYONE WANT SOME?????.....ill fill ya a ziplock bag full.......and i dont mean the ziplocks made for one chip snacks.....gallons size!!!!!bring it!!!!

LilRobb;503230 wrote: Reef Napalm!

i actually have a homemade flamethrower somewhere.......

oh and i finished covering the drain for ya today......

Reef Napalm is actually LYE and worked wonders for me!

And thanks!

Ill take some mushrooms off your hands if you dont want them anymore. Just let me know!

Anytime works for me just pm me your location and I can get em today if you would like!

Reef Napalm refers to an aiptasia treatment I came across on the web a while back. It works great on mushrooms, aiptasia, majanos, basically any coral that has become a pest. You mix lye with water and follow the directions. Here is the link. Read it all before you use it, if you use it.

I just killed some majanos a couple days ago with it.

It works well on green mushrooms, but may require a second treament a couple days later. First treatment sometimes kills, but other times only hurts them, and the second treament is the death blow.

And lye is the active ingredient in Seachem Aquavitro Balance, so you are not adding anything that is bad for the reef. It is just much more highly conentrated in the Napalm.

showthread.php

sweet thanks dave.....but looks like some ppl may want them for themselves.....fine by me.... :)

It was nice meeting you today! He is not kidding when he says he will fill a bag full of em just so you know :p

text and pm responded......and good to meet you too!...hope that was enough...haha

If you have any more, I'd certainly like some. I'm in Kennesaw every day for work, and get off at 5 pm.....

404 693 7424 call anytime (as soon as my phone charges)

Back