Gfo and carbon question

drjett

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question to run by you all.

So I am going to start running GFO and Carbon in a dual reactor on my new 90 gallon.

My gut tells me that I should install the reactor pump after the protein skimmer so that there is slightly cleaner water going through the reactor.

Is my logic correct?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DRJETT;1027126 wrote: Hey guys I have a question to run by you all.

So I am going to start running GFO and Carbon in a dual reactor on my new 90 gallon.

My gut tells me that I should install the reactor pump after the protein skimmer so that there is slightly cleaner water going through the reactor.

Is my logic correct?

Thanks in advance

I guess it really depends on the amount of flow through your skimmer chamber. I run my pumps in the same chamber as my skimmer and output to my return section. But, I run with a fast flow Berlin sump and my skimmer could never pull all of that water in the chamber.

DRJETT;1027126 wrote: Hey guys I have a question to run by you all.

Is my logic correct?

Thanks in advance

I run carbon, GFO, and matrix and I have the reactor pump in the same area as the return pump (after the skimmer chamber).

Back