GFO

hatzo1

Market
Reaction score
I have a GFO reactor and have the BRS GFO but for the life of me I can not get the stuff to quite coming out of the reactor pass the fine filter pads.(during the flush)So I have not placed it in my sump yet. I really don’t want that in my tank loose. Can you run a media bag in the reactor. Or is there a better product than what I’m using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you've got too much flow going in the reactor. Do you have a valve on the inlet line?
After filling the cartridge with 1 to 1.5 cups of GFO you need to blow off the first couple of gallons slowly into a bucket. You want the GFO to very lightly tumble. If its aggressively tumbling it will start grinding itself to dust. But if there's not enough flow it will turn into a solid block.
BRS has videos that should be very helpful.

a4a3b261d0f84624621b8220321c23eb.jpg
This is what I got and I have rinsed it using a bucket but still the stuff comes out. Thinking of just dumping the GFO and getting some Seachem Phosguard to run in it.

a4a3b261d0f84624621b8220321c23eb.jpg
This is what I got and I have rinsed it using a bucket but still the stuff comes out. Thinking of just dumping the GFO and getting some Seachem Phosguard to run in it.

That pump is adjustable, there should be a dial on the side, turn it down and try it..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Billy Pipes in YouTube has a good video tutorial for using this product.

Back