Glass cleaning

oryansreef

Market
Reaction score
So I gotta scrape my glass, I bought a scraper at lfs and it's super dull can I use a razor blade? I just don't wanna scratch the glass. So what does everyone use?

I have scratched my glass with a razor blade. Usually doesn't happen, but it has before.

I'm pretty happy with this:
watch

I like the above mentioned tunze galss cleaners but they will loose it's strength over time and also do come off easily and drop to the floor.

I been using flipper (regular one and not the nano one pictured when i realize my tank is super thick although it is nano tank) and am very happy with it. Most lfs carries it. DO NOT USE MAG FLOAT. that thing will grab onto sand soon as you drop it on the floor, it will scratch the glass alot. I do not use paded side at all. Only the blade side.

I've bought straight up blades from home depot and used it but that was lots of work and the blades do get rusted fast as well no matter how well you dry it. Guess you can always blow dry it like clark howard likes to do~~~ He is awesome dude btw. :)

I love my Tunze care magnet with the metal blade. It's a big time saver versus the typical algae scraper on a stick.

Kent Pro Scrapers are good. See also Continuum scrapers.

Jenn

Back