Glass scraper/scrubber

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
What are you guys using. I'm looking for a good glass scraper to clean some encrusting algae off my glass. My magfloat isn't getting all the crud off. Not looking for something crazy expensive. I've got one of the long handled scrapers with a razor at the end but my canopy is kinda small to get in all the corners.

I bought the large glass cleaner with the blade on the fro t of it. Dang thing cost 80.00 which I think is expensive but if you think about it yet u use it every 2-4 days and will last for a very long time. I had one of the cheap ones and replaced it with the one I have now. I was amazed at how it cleaned the coralline off the glass. It will clean the crap out of some glass!! It's a mag float next one down from the largest.

Nothing is better than the Flipper. Surprised more people don't know about it.

992850=57023-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414155309.719192.jpg
>
992850=57023-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414155309.719192.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414155309.719192.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Tony, how is it with moving glass panes without having to stick your hand in the tank? Does the inside float or not?

HiImSean;992851 wrote: Tony, how is it with moving glass panes without having to stick your hand in the tank? Does the inside float or not?

It's amazing. My hand is never in the tank and I can get all the side corners where my rock is tight and I got used to breaking sticks with a typical blade on a handle. You can flip it in the water to turn the blade around if you just want more of a mag float kind of application. The inside does float if you lose it.

HiImSean;992854 wrote: You get it locally? Saw it on amazon for $40.

I haven't seen them locally. Think I got mine from BRS for $30-35 each. I have one of these for each tank. They also make one for acrylic tanks

I know what I 'm buying today...I have seen these but never thought thay were any good. It looked kind of gimmiky. Thanks fo rthe glowing reviews!

Thanks for the flipper suggestion. Got it off amazon with free shipping and got it in a day. It scrapes pretty darn well. Flipping is a little more difficult though lol.

HiImSean;994183 wrote: Thanks for the flipper suggestion. Got it off amazon with free shipping and got it in a day. It scrapes pretty darn well. Flipping is a little more difficult though lol.

Let me know if you figure out how to flip. I just use it for scraping

I have been using the flipper for the past couple months after seeing featured on BRS. I love it! To flip it, get to a lower flow area and pull the outside part away from the glass and quickly rotate it 180° and put it back to the glass. It reverses the polarity of the magnets and causes the inside part to flip sides. Takes a little practice! :)

Back