glass suction cups to lend?

I'm considering using these too, but it worries me that there's a possibility that they could fail and drop the tank

If you've got a Harbor Freight store near you they sell them as well. They're around $6 each and they work excellent. I bought four to move my 120g, but ended up using them for WAY more. Don't be afraid. They work.

PTreef;1076485 wrote: I'm considering using these too, but it worries me that there's a possibility that they could fail and drop the tank

I've used them a few times, once on a 250 and the second on a 110.

Makes moving the tank a lot easier.

Just make sure the glass is dry and clean, and keep your fingers away from the release button loll

jbadd99;1076488 wrote: If you've got a Harbor Freight store near you they sell them as well. They're around $6 each and they work excellent. I bought four to move my 120g, but ended up using them for WAY more. Don't be afraid. They work.

Isn't the harbor freight the one with two small suction cups?

Do you know the recommended max strength on them?

looks like the double suction cup from them is rated for 125lbs.

would you recommend these for lifting a 210g glass tank? i need it carried up stairs and around a turn-around on the stairwell

PTreef;1076494 wrote: looks like the double suction cup from them is rated for 125lbs.

would you recommend these for lifting a 210g glass tank? i need it carried up stairs and around a turn-around on the stairwell

I'd recommend the suction cups at sunbelt. I believe each cup is recommended for 500lbs. They are a lot stronger, and I'd say would be the best for your application.

LSU_fishFan;1076492 wrote: Isn't the harbor freight the one with two small suction cups?

Do you know the recommended max strength on them?

I don't recall what the max weight is, but I was reading the reviews about people carrying sheets of granite with multiples.

I used 4 cups to move my 120.

If each one is rated at 125 lbs, four should give you around 500 lbs of lifting capacity.

Like I said, I moved several tanks with them and I'd do it again in a heartbeat before I go back to the standard lugging of a tank without anything.

P.S. Aqueon says their 210 is <span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px"><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px">72. x 24. x 30 and weighs 343 lbs empty.</span></span></span></span>

Unless the rental fee is cheaper than $30, I'd use the cups from HF, but that's just me. You'd also have them for other uses as well or in the future.<span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px"><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px">
</span></span></span></span>

jbadd99;1076497 wrote: P.S. Aqueon says their 210 is <span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px"><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px">72. x 24. x 30 and weighs 343 lbs empty.</span></span></span></span>

Unless the rental fee is cheaper than $30, I'd use the cups from HF, but that's just me. You'd also have them for other uses as well or in the future.<span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px"><span style="font-family: HelveticaNeue-Condensed"><span style="font-size: 12px">
</span></span></span></span>

I want to say it's $10 per cup, but can't remember.

It's all personal preference

Back