Glasscages

when you say quality has gone down what do you mean..looking to possible doing business with them

I had one some time ago and didn't have any issues with it.
Silicon was a little sloppy, but It was VERY sturdy.
I believe you'll find mixed reviews.
I don't believe they will fail.
On the other hand they aren't the prettiest things around either.

My only experience has been good. I bought a 180 about 11 years ago. It is still up and running, no issues. Bought at a LFS going out of business, so not directly from GC.

Had a rimless from them. Get black silicone. Since it shows, they keep it clean. They are built to last. Overbuilt with thick glass. I would but again if I was looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaltang;1095027 wrote: when you say quality has gone down what do you mean..looking to possible doing business with them

I thought that statement was pretty self explanatory. I got a 40B from them. They used thinner than standard acrylic for the size of tank. The seams were terrible! I could've done a better job. Luckily, it didn't leak but I got rid of it pretty quickly before it had a chance to become an issue.

I think you'd find people to say their older stuff (older than 5 years) was very good and high quality. Anything within the last 5 years...not so much. I know of one member that ordered a tank about 2 years ago and it took 6 months to get it and then it failed within 3 months and they wouldn't warrant the tank because he went there and picked it up instead of having it shipped.

The reviews for the acrylic work is generally sub par.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

A big nope on their tanks. I don't know if you have called and talked to them. But they are not the friendliest of people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm one of the apparent fortunate few. I have a 30g frag tank it's 48 x 18 x 9 with a corner overflow and has been an incredible frag tank. The silicone is far superior to my Marineland 120g DT. I have been told many times I'm lucky. So take the info for what it's worth. :)

I think the only consistent, is that they are inconsistent.

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweet price is forgotten.

Jenn

Back