Glue rocks together???

superclown

Market
Reaction score
I decided at looking at my tank tonight to get creative. I really was getting tired of the aquascape and it didn't look very nice because the size of the rock was too large for my tank and just didn't look very REEF looking. So I pulled out all my rock, then I pulled out a hammer and broke them into a lot of smaller pieces.

Now I want to glue them back together outside of the tank so I can create some overhangs and cliffs.

I was wondering what would be a good quick drying STRONG glue that would bond the rocks.. I would like something I don't have to special order.

Thanks in advance

Are you sure you want to glue it all together? Makes life difficult if/when you need to change things up, pull stuff out, rearrange, etc.

Sometimes people will drill holes in rock and use PVC or acrylic rods to connect the rocks together - that way they are still removable.

I'd be hesitant to do anything that makes re-aquascaping difficult.

Jenn

Acrylic rod.or plastic coat hangers drill and stack , pvc for larger rocks but the water in the pipe won't be abel to circulate unless you add a pump to one end then you can drill holes an create flow coming out of the rock.

Pvc would be too large for this rock maybe nylon or acrylic rods would work best you have a point on i i want to change things up later. Where can i get those local. I would probably need like 40 or so

Pick up sticks? I thought the post was about fixing rocks together not fixing pebbles together....

Rocks are for a nano tank they are varying in shapes some boulders some flat and concaved all around baseball size to softball size son no these are not pebbles but there not big either

2010-11-01_03-15-25_556.jpg
alt="" />

some well placed epoxy puddy will hold your structure together without drilling and can also be taken apart with that same hammer, should you decide to rescape again...Im on re-scape number 6 or 7 and gearing up for my 8th just in the last year

I was using the frag plug epoxy putty last night and it would not stay together after it dried btw that's not how i am aquascaping that's just to show what im working with

Is there a local source for acrylic rods? I've checked Hobby Lobby and Lowes with no luck.

I haven't had much luck with the epoxy, except to make a good surface to hold super glue.

I think you can use gorilla glue also.

You might want to glue the small pieces into 3 or 4 chunks that will sort of lock together with each other in the tank, but will come apart if you change your mind, or have to pull them out for some reason.

Back