Goby Crabeye and YWM goby

el-reefo

Market
Reaction score
I had a Yellow Watchman Goby that appears to be missing from the tank... the tiger pistol shrimp is all by himself now... but the crabeye goby is a new purchase I made.

I'd like to replace the YWM Goby, but I don't want the crbeye to fight him and would like to have them pair with the pistol...

Is this advisable or not?

I would be surprised if the Twinspot attacked the YWG but I guess it could happen. Are you sure the YWG is gone? Mine dissapered for about 10 days when I moved tanks and finally reappeared and was fine.

I haven't seen him for the longest time... not even for feeding. I did find the tiger pistol shrimp this morning before I went out to work, so I know the shrimp is still there...

LMK if you decide to get another YWG. I have one in my overflow that has been there forever and needs a home. You just gotta come to Marietta to get him.

how is he surviving?

I mean...if anything fell into my overflow is probably goign to die... I can't get anything out of it.

He is eating overflow crap. I dunno how, but he is, and appears pretty healthy.

I can get him out, he just seemed to like it quite a bit, so I left him. He has been there at least 3 months

Well...

Let me do some more research, and it will not fight the crabeye... then I'll come and rid you off it.

I appreciate the offer very much.

:up:

GOOD NEWS!!!!

You were right, my YWG showed up his face yesterday afternoon... and then he hid again. I like his color, but the crabEyed goby I have is far more sociable.

N E Y...

If you still want to rid yourself off the goby, I can either help you find someone, or I can put it in my 20 gallon all by himself with another TPShrimp and two clowns.

If not, it's okay... I understand liking the sucker in your overflow... I love mine even for the few seconds I saw him yesterday.

Back