Going to more of minimalist approach to my rock configuration

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
I decided to go toward more of minimalist approach to my rock structure. I removed some rock and reconfigured some of the coral. I think that I like it much more and I think that the water flow is better.

Some of my coral are closer together now though so to my question. Are there some that I need to make sure to keep further apart?

Below are my before and after photos. Sorry that there is so much light reflection in the current photo.

Thanks,
Carl

I like the new configuration - I'm still a noob so I can't advise on corals but I changed around my 20 l to one long tunnel with decent spacing and the better water movement has doubled my filtration and water quality so hopefully yours will be a benefit as well - on top of looking nice

Thanks. I think my water flow is better and hopefully will solve some of my algae issues. Plus, I like the minimalist rock look at little better than the rock wall look. Now, when my corals grow out a little more and add in some sps, it should all come together. I want to solve my algae issue before I add too many sps though. I will just have to watch how my corals act since some of them are closer together.

Figured out two corals to separate, acans and xenia. Two of my xenia touched one of the acans and it killed them. They turned completely white and just stubs now. The others around them are fine so I moved that rock, that had the xenia on it, further away from the acans. So for those of you wanting to kill your xenias, put an acan next to them.

huskerreefatl;1057598 wrote: Figured out two corals to separate, acans and xenia. Two of my xenia touched one of the acans and it killed them. They turned completely white and just stubs now. The others around them are fine so I moved that rock, that had the xenia on it, further away from the acans. So for those of you wanting to kill your xenias, put an acan next to them.

keep the xenia on a separate rock you can remove and move around... if the environment is conducive to it they will spread like a weed... kinda like GSP

:). ...i have a feeling that it won't be a good day for the huskers today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back